Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Information
Insurance for Drivers Throughout Northern Virginia
There are millions of car accidents each year across Northern Virginia, from fender benders to multiple-car accidents. Even a minor collision can be scary and leave you wondering you you’ll pay for repairs and possible medical bills.
At Hardy Insurance Agency, we’re dedicated to be there when life gets tough. We work hard to provide comprehensive car insurance policies at an affordable price. Protect your vehicle without spending too much on the coverage you need.
Is Car Insurance Required in Virginia?
Virginia has a variation of no-fault car insurance, which means that you may or may not be held responsible for an accident. Overall, you are generally responsible for covering your own expenses after an accident. However, drivers can sue for additional compensation for medical bills and other expenses.
Since car insurance requirements are state mandated, Virginia may have different car insurance requirements than neighboring states. All Virginia drivers are required to carry at least:
· $25,000 in bodily injury liability per person
· $50,000 in bodily injury liability per accident
· $20,000 in property damage liability
· $25,000 in uninsured motorist bodily injury per person/$50,000 per accident
· $20,000 in uninsured motorist property damage per accident ($200 deductible for hit and runs)
Simple liability requirements aren’t the only insurance you need on your car, however. Liability insurance won’t cover damages to your car or injuries to you and your passengers. This is why we usually recommend full coverage car insurance, especially for newer vehicles.
What is Full Coverage Car Insurance?
Full coverage car insurance is the highest amount of insurance you can purchase for your vehicle. Along with liability, full coverage also includes:
· Comprehensive Coverage: Comprehensive coverage provides compensation for damages to your vehicle caused by incidents other than collisions. This includes damage due to fire, wind, hail, lightning, smoke, theft, vandalism and more.
· Collision Coverage: Collision coverage, often purchased alongside comprehensive coverage, provides compensation for damages to your vehicle due to collision with another vehicle or object.
· Personal Injury Protection: Personal injury protection, or PIP, helps with your and your passenger’s medical bills after an accident, no matter who is declared at-fault.
· Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist: This coverage compensates for accidents involving another driver who is not carrying enough (or any) insurance at the time of the accident.
· Roadside Assistance: Roadside assistance provides help with trip interruptions such as flat tires and running out of gas. It may also cover towing.
Insure Your Vehicle with Hardy Insurance Agency
Don’t wait until after an accident to find the right policy. Call Hardy Insurance Agency at 703-503-3100, 703-820-3100 or fill out an online quote form to protect your vehicle with an affordable car insurance policy today.
Common Auto Insurance Questions
The three “types” of car insurance are physical damage, liability and medical payments. Physical damage encompasses damage done to your vehicle, such as comprehensive and collision coverage. Liability covers accidents you may cause while operating the vehicle, along with injury and property damage it may result in. Medical payments coverage covers the medical expenses for you and your driver after an accident, no matter who is at fault.
In general, car insurance providers look back around five years for credit scores and driving records. Pay careful attention to how long an accident or ticket may stay on your record. A simple traffic violation may stay three to five years, while a DUI can stay on your record for 10 years.
Along with the minimum liability requirements, you should have enough insurance to cover the value of your vehicle in case it is totaled in an accident or disaster. This changes car to car, so be sure to speak with an insurance agent about how much coverage your vehicle may need.
The average cost of car insurance in Virginia is around $94.66 a month. This rate may change depending on your zip code, value of the vehicle, driving record, credit score, coverage limits and other factors. Find out how much you can save on car insurance by filling out a today!
It is possible to have more than one car insurance policy, although most insurers won’t insure the same vehicle with multiple policies. You may choose to insure multiple vehicles with different insurance policies, however.